The James Ene Henshaw Foundation invites submissions for the JEHF ONE-ACT Playwriting Competition 2020. Scripts can be for stage, film or TV.
We’re looking for plays that capture the pulse and moments of contemporary Nigerian society; writing with a unique voice that speaks to current and future generations.
The competition is open to anyone between the ages of 18 and 35 years resident in Nigeria, for the best original one-act play.
Prizes: 1st – N50,000; 2nd – N35,000; 3rd – N20,000
Following a selection process, 5 plays will be chosen for rehearsed readings at the James Ene Henshaw Foundation Centre, where the winning scripts will be judged and announced. This is an excellent opportunity for writers to see their work come to life in front of an audience.
• One-act plays between 25 and 30 mins approx. 30 pages.
• Plays must involve a no more than four characters.
• Must be an original play, and not an adaptation.
• Submissions must be typed, double-spaced, single-sided, Times New Roman, font 12pt.
How to apply:
• Email script, brief synopsis and short biodata with your mobile no. and address to firstname.lastname@example.org; and one hard copy to The James Ene Henshaw Foundation,
4 Murtala Mohammed Highway, Calabar, Cross River State. R
• Deadline for all entries: 5pm, Friday, 12 June 2020.
• All applicants will be notified by email of their entry’s safe arrival.
• Only shortlisted writers will be contacted on or about Friday, 7 August 2020.
• No correspondence will be entered into between the judges and applicants.